During both summer and winter there is a wealth of entertaining possibilities in the area we enjoy telling you about. We also have sufficient background information at our disposal for you. A few of the possibilities:
- The surroundings of Onderdendam are very suitable for hiking and cycling;
- Art lovers should not miss the museum of painter Helmantel in Westeremden; www.helmantel.nl
- The historical museum Het Hogeland in Warffum shows how people in rural Groningen used to live and work; www.hethoogeland.nl
- Groningen was inhabited before the rest of The Netherlands. In museum Wierdenland in Ezinge you can see why and which developments have have taken place since then; www.wierdenland.nl
- Are you into action and do you not suffer from fear of heights? Then you can enjoy yourself in Wehe-den-Hoorn in the biggest indoor climbing barn of The Netherlands; www.waddenfun.nl
- A day at Schiermonnikoog starts on the boat in Lauwersoog, which is a 30 minutes drive from our B&B; www.wpd.nl/schiermonnikoog/dienstregeling
- Many mudflat hiking trips start from Pieterburen. These are worth your while very much. www.wadlopen.com
- Many excursions from Lauwersoog: www.lauwersoog.nl/nl/beleven/activiteiten
We wrong all other possibilities with this concise list. Besides, the city of Groningen also has lots to offer. In 20 minutes by car, 10 by train or 30 by bus which leaves from Onderdendam you will find yourself in downtown Groningen, which is also accessible very well by bicycle.
Pieterpad-hikers can be picked up and brought back to the location where they stopped off the route.
See also www.toerisme.groningen.nl